Student Employment Co-Funding
Opportunity to Work and Gain Experience
OADI funds and administers an extensive student employment program for Federal Work-study eligible students that helps to provide opportunities for students to gain employment and skills in administrative and academic arenas. Students who complete the application process, will be able to view and apply for positions posted with OADI.
As part of OADI's Student Employment Co-Funding, we hold informational seminars focused on career development. Federal Work-study students being sponsored by OADI MUST attend these seminars to remain eligible for OADI funding.
- For more information on OADI's funding and work opportunities, stop by 200 CCC or call (607) 255-3841 after August 13th, 2012.
- For more information about Federal Work Study in general, please see the Student Employment Services website.
- For more information on career development you can also visit the Cornell Career Services Office.
FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2012-13
Employers interested in posting positions with OADI please click here.
Students interested in applying for OADI sponsored positions will need to complete the following steps:
1. Log into Blackboard and enroll in OADI: Employment Co-Funding course. To find the course, select the "All Blackboard Courses" tab and use the
"Browse Course Catalog" feature to find the course - "Employment Co-Funding".
2. Following your enrollment in the course, select "Employment Orientation" module to view the course.
3. At the end of the course is a quiz on the material you must complete to receive the link to the student employment placement information.
4. After you have successfully completed the quiz, a link to the employment pages will be available in the Blackboard course. Click on the link.
If you do not see the link after completing the quiz, refresh Blackboard or log out and log back into Blackboard and a new page with the link should appear in the course.
5. You will need to complete the student placement form that you have been directed to. ALL STUDENTS, whether looking for new employment or returning to a former position must complete this form to view positions or be re-appointed to a former position.
6. Once you have completed the placement form, you will receive an email giving you access to the position pages. If you are seeking new employment, view the positions and you may request a referral for a position. An OADI staff member will review your requests for approval within 48 hours or 2 business days. Once the referral is approved, you will be responsible for scheduling your interview. ***If you are looking for re-appointment, a referral will be generated for you as well within 48 hours or 2 business days.
7. After you have scheduled and completed your interview, the employer will notify OADI of their decision. Should you be hired, University Business Service Center (UBSC) will be forwarded your information for appointment.
8. UBSC will notify you and your employer of your appointment date and when you may begin working.
Any questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note that even if an employer or student is interested in being rehired to a previous position, the student MUST complete the
Blackboard course and student placement information form before they will be eligible for employment.