The McNair Scholars Program prepares qualified undergraduates for entrance to a PhD program in all fields of study. The goals of the program are to increase the number of first-generation, low-income, and/or underrepresented students in PhD programs, and ultimately, to diversify the faculty in colleges and universities across the country. The McNair Scholars Program provides undergraduates with opportunities to participate in academic- year and summer research activities. McNair Scholars attend courses, seminars, and workshops on topics related to graduate school preparation; complete a research project under the guidance of a faculty mentor; and have the opportunity to present their research at local, regional, and national conferences.
- Personal and academic counseling,
- Network with faculty and graduate student mentors,
- Attend workshops on graduate admissions and funding,
- Participate in intensive GRE training,
- Attend regional and national conferences,
- Present research at conferences,
- $2,500 stipend for summer research with faculty mentor.